Stressful Lives: How To Cope
People leading stressful lives everywhere you look.
“I’m late I’m
late for a very important date. No time to say “Hello.” Goodbye. I’m late, I’m
late, I’m late.” – White Rabbit, Alice’s Adventure In Wonderland by
Fast Paced Living
It's unbelievable the things we cram in our days that ultimately leads to too much stress.
Click here to share with us how you cope with your stressful life.
We are a society constantly in a state of rush. Just take a look around you.
photo courtesy of flik
If we feel we have no time to slow cook a meal... we simply buy pre-packaged
meals and then we microwave them.
We have restaurants that market them self, based on how fast they can prepare
a meal, serve it and send you through the door. If you want to move faster,
simply use the 'drive thru'.
We have express lanes and highways to get you 'there' faster.
We even have accelerated educational programs so you can learn quicker, not
to mention those that teach you to read faster.
And I could go on and on and I'm sure you could even name a few more ways
The constant mad rush that carries us along daily, takes a toll on us if we
do not have healthy, fun and relaxing outlets to help us relieve our day to day
Tsk! Tsk! The hectic lives we lead. Slow down or stress will
surely overtake you.
Check out this interesting article by HowStuffWorks. It outlines a list of stress inducing events, in the order of their Life Change Unit (LCU), from high to low. The aim is to help you identify the sources and amount of stress you encounter in your life.
So tell us...
How Do You Cope With Your Stressful Life ?
Do you lead a stressful life? Tell us what an average hectic day is like and what you do to keep up with the fast and hectic pace - whether you work away from or at home.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see what others have said about their hectic and stressful lives...
10 Fun & Relaxing Stress Relief Activities
to Ease Our Stressful Lives
It's important to include at least one stress relief activity in our daily life. The constant mad rush that carries us along daily, will take a toll on us if we
do not have healthy, fun and relaxing outlets to help us relieve the pressure of our day to day
Each stress relief activity listed below is simple but extremely effective and quite relaxing and fun. Don't under estimate their effectiveness.
Curl up on the couch in your favorite position and pop in that DVD in the player
Yes ! The one that absolutely cracks you up with laughter or makes you smile because you are a sweet sentimental romantic
Treat yourself to a nice pedicure
Soak your feet in warm water with bath salts or a few drops of essential oil, give your feet a gentle scrub, trim your nails, moisturize, and put on your favorite nail polish.
Give your adoring pet some attention
- Take your dog for a nice walk
- Invite your pet to curl up with you while you watch that movie we just talked about
- Stroke your cat or dog’s furry coat ( you know they love that ) – it’s a win-win situation.
Take a nice warm bath
- A warm bath is relaxing and therapeutic. It helps to relax your muscles and soothe aching & sore joints
- Having a warm bath before bed helps you to fall asleep quicker, especially if you are troubled with sleep insomnia
- Add aromatherapy essential oils e.g. lavender, chamomile, peppermint. These are just a few that are ideal for relaxation and relief
Write in your journal
- Express yourself ! – Release tension by writing down your thoughts and emotions
- The written word allows you to shout as loud or cry as long as you want, without causing conflict, while ridding yourself of harmful toxins
- Journaling also allows you to release that creative spirit within you (Yes! - the one you thought you didn’t have )
- If you live alone, journaling is one way to talk about your hectic day -trust me! The pages of your journal wont judge you
- Put on some comfortable clothes and grab your yoga mat
- Find a quiet space, clear away the furniture if you have to
- If you are a yoga beginner, there are quite a few good Yoga DVDs on sale that you can use
- Stretch without straining and don’t overdo it
- Quiet your mind with meditation
- Focus on your breathing while you empty your thoughts and clear your mind
- Meditation is very good after a yoga workout
- Meditating helps to restore calmness and mental balance
Listen to some relaxing music
- They say music is food for the soul
- You can listen to relaxing music while in a comfortable position on your couch
- You can listen to relaxing music while doing your chores – take the edge off the cleaning and the cooking, whistle while you work, take a swirl around the room while you dust
- Music can soothe and relax you, while elevating your thoughts
- Relaxing music even helps you to start your day right
- Listen to soothing music while you drift off in to sleep
Get lost in the mystery or the magic of a good book
- Reading is a healthy way to escape our stressful lives
- Reading helps to reduce stress. Find a nice quiet spot where you won’t be interrupted
- Pick up a good book - Not the newspaper or the bill that just came in the mail. A book about mystery, suspense, romance or comedy or even about a stress relief activity you enjoy. Get lost in it, even for a few minutes.
Give yourself a massage – soothing relief, right at your finger tips
- You can soothe your aching muscles right in the comfort of your own home.
- You are in control. You can determine how much pressure to apply when rubbing your muscles or your body
While you may lead stressful lives away from home or at home, it is important
to slow down and relieve your stress before it overtakes you.
quite a lot of things you can do at home to relieve your stress. If you’re not
already doing any of those that I just mentioned, what are you waiting
Get started now !
Back To Top